Makes you think, doesn't it?

PETA2.com

Monday, June 25, 2007

Well, i always said i wanted a bird...

So last weekend, i found this ginormous birds nest in my grill. and like an idiot, i called my mom, who told me to open it, hoping the birds hadn't laid eggs. and, like an idiot, i did, after a few weak protests. Well, the birds never came back. i think it was a finch tho. so later the next day (we are huge procrastinators in this family) after my mom threatened to do it herself, which i knew whould result in careless destruction of a poor little finch's hard work (the nest was almost a foot long!!), i did it myself, and found, guess what, an egg. so cut to now, where in my room there is a bit of bird nest sitting on my desk with a little white, brown-speckled egg in it, with a bulb of my medusa lamp pointed down above it. i leave the lamp on all day, and i have a pathetic flashlight rigged up to a hook in my ceiling for when i have to turn off the lamp to sleep. I emailed some people i found online, and i'm gonna do a lot of spells to help give the por thing a chance a life. i looked up some websites on how to raise a baby bird. I just feel so awful!! its my fault this poor bird's parents never came back for it, and if it dies, its all on me! does anyone know how many hours 1,420 minutes is? that's how often it needs to be fed. it said that raw meat is best for hatchlings. i hope turkeyburger doesn't make the poor thing sick. agghh! but now, i guess all there is to do is wait 2 weeks until it hatches. and do a lot of spells. i'll report back on what i try. wish me luck! oh, that reminds me. i looked for, and found, a four leaf clover in my yard, which i put next to the egg in the nest. i made a point or deflecting the luck off me, putting all of it into the egg. Goddess, i hope it lives.

No comments: